She was right.
She was not a perfect fit.
Not even close.
But I liked her courage.
That she picked up a phone and called knowing she was already pretty much out of the running before the phone even rang.
And she called anyway.
She called anyway.
We talked for a few moments.
I told her, “Listen, there is about a 98% chance you are not going to even get an interview for this position. However, I live in a 2% world.”
The safe route is not always the best route.
The majority does not always ultimately win.
The biggest is not always the best.
The best are not always the brightest.
The masses are led by the few.
You may feel like you have about a 2% chance of accomplishing a goal, overcoming a challenge or being able to say, “I did it.”
But 2% is actually double of what you actually need…1%.
1%, 1 point, 1 vote, all can determine winning from losing.
So with 2%, which is double of all you need at 1%, you are almost assured of victory.
Better to live in a 2% world and lead, than live in a 98% world and be crushed by the masses who are being led by the 2% leaders.
“Better a little with reverence for God than great treasure and trouble with it.” Proverbs 15:16